Copyright ©2018 by Pulaski County Press. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at PO Box 19, Winamac, IN 46996.
Monday, Dec. 17
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library board meeting at 6 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 18
• Don’t miss Santa when he visits the Pulaski County Public Library from 5-7 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 19
• Nancy Hudson, HHS Extension Educator, will be presenting holiday fondue at Kewanna-Union Township Public Library at 11 a.m.
• Free workshop designed to teach fundamental estate planning concepts by Winamac lawyer Tim Murray, 3-5 p.m., 107 E. Main St., Winamac. Reservations are required by calling 574-946-7819.
Thursday, Dec. 20
• Make a festive snowflake ornament made out of clothespins at the Pulaski County Public Library at 5 p.m. Space is limited. Call the library to sign up.
• Don’t miss Santa when he visits the West Side Center in Medaryville from 5-7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 21
• Listen to David and Melissa Norris perform classic Christmas carols at the Pulaski County Public Library from 5 to 6 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 22
• Don’t miss Santa when he visits the Pulaski County Public Library from noon to 2 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 23
• The Medaryville Pizza King, 417 E. Main St., will be closed for the day.
Monday, Dec. 24-Tuesday, Dec. 25
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library will be closed.
Tuesday, Dec. 25
• Hey, kids, call Santa and give him your Christmas list by calling 574-595-WISH, sponsored by Lightstream.
• Retire your flag with honor by bringing it to Harrison-Metzger & Rans Funeral Home, chapels in Royal Center, Kewanna and Logansport. Your flag will honor a veteran by being draped across them at the time of cremation.
• Pulaski County Human Services 2018-2019 Energy Assistance program runs from Nov. 1-May 17, 2019, for those who meet income guidelines. Contact human services for an application or to schedule an interview at 115 W. Pearl St., Winamac, 574-946-6500, ext. 233, or email email@example.com.
• The Cancer Support Group of Winamac meets the second Saturday of every month at the Isis Theatre in Winamac. Doors open at 9:30 a.m., meeting begins at 10 a.m. The group is free and open to anyone that has been affected by any cancer: current fighter, survivor, caregiver, family, friend. For more information, visit our Facebook page, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 574-946-6966.
• The Pulaski County Drug Free Council meets the second Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. at Bethel Bible Church, 6968 W. SR 14, Winamac. The public is encouraged to attend. For more information, visit www.drugfreepulaski.org.
• PMH Senior Care Coffee Hour, second and fourth Wednesdays each month, 10-11 a.m., open to community members age 65 and older, PMH Senior Care Building, 525 E. 13th St.,Winamac.
• The Commitment to Excellence in Partnering workshop, every Thursday, 5:30 p.m. at the Pulaski County Public Library.
• Purdue Extension Pulaski County is offering a variety of classes, including how to learn more with a tablet or iPad, getting started with computers, basic or intermediate Excel, basic or intermediate Word, Publisher, QuickBooks and Spanish. Certificates awarded upon completion. Call 574-946-3412 to register or for more information.
• The Winamac Volunteer Fire Department is looking for volunteers to serve on the fire department. Applications can be picked up at the Winamac Town Hall, Clerk-Treasurer’s Office, 120 W. Main St., Winamac.
• Quilts of Valor for Pulaski County is underway. Donations are currently being accepted. Contact Michelle Schmicker at 574-595-0629 for more information.
• Seniors looking for something fun to do? Pulaski County Human Services Inc. has bunco the first Tuesday of each month; bingo the second Thursday; and grocery bingo the last Wednesday. Activities are always from noon-1 p.m. Call 574-946-6500 for more info.
• Head Start, offering free, quality preschool services at Winamac and West Central for children ages 3 to 5 years whose families financially qualify, fall enrollment is now taking place. Call 574-946-4211 to schedule your appointment.
• If you have the next grand or humble business idea but don’t know where to start, the Pulaski County Community Development Commission’s revolving loan fund may be able to help you. Contact executive director Nathan P. Origer at 574-946-3869 or at email@example.com for more information.
• The Pulaski County Health Department is conducting free lead screenings/hemoglobin testing for those students needing it to get into Head Start or anyone else needing to be tested. Please call 574-946-6080 for an appointment or for more information.
• Star City United Methodist Food Pantry is open 10-11 a.m. every third Saturday of the month for those who live in Pulaski County. Proper ID is required.
• REACT is looking for new volunteers. Meetings are held the first Monday of the month at the Pulaski Memorial Hospital boardroom at 7 p.m. For more information call Blake Newman at 574-242-0091 or Les Barton at 574-946-7539.
• Medaryville Christian Church offers a free weekly family meal and classes for children in kindergarten through grade 12 each Wednesday from 6-7:30 p.m.
• The Francesville American Legion Post 228 meets the third Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Francesville Fire Station.
• The Friends of Tippecanoe River State Park group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the state park.
• The Pulaski Memorial Hospital Auxiliary meets the third Monday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the hospital cafeteria, except the months of July and December.
• Monterey Town Council meetings will be held the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at 7033 N. Walnut St., Monterey.
• North Central Indiana Quail Forever meets the first Tuesday of each month at Poblanos in Winamac from 7-8 p.m.
• Pulaski County Retired Teachers meet for breakfast the first Thursday of each month at Kostas in Winamac at 8 a.m.
• Pulaski Memorial Hospital’s OB department offers a free breast-feeding drop-in clinic for all mothers every Wednesday. This clinic is an opportunity to get questions answered by a certified lactation consultant or a lactation counselor. The clinic is available, 3:30-6:30 p.m., in the PMH lobby classroom. No appointment is necessary.
• Veterans, servicemen, National Guard or reserve personnel are eligible to join the American Legion Post 71. For information, call 574-946-0049.
• The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office is offering a free 911 education program to schools, preschools, churches and other groups to help people of all ages learn when to call 911, what to do when the operator answers, what questions the operator will ask and what people can do to make 911 calls more effective for them. Call the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office at 574-946-6655 to schedule or for more information.
• Ladies Christian Women’s Club meets the first Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the Nazarene Church, 516 E. 13th St., Winamac. Everyone is welcome. There is a different program each month. Contact Joyce at 574-946-6271 or Marilyn at 574-946-3041.
• Bethel Bible Church, Winamac, holds a weekly Family Night, featuring dinner, learning and fellowship, 5:30 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church.
• The Life Savior Club for students in grades kindergarten through 6 meets every Thursday evening from 6-7:30 p.m. at Calvary Baptist Church, 830 N. Market St., Winamac.
• The Sons of American Legion Post 96 in Medaryville meet the first Sunday of every month at 1 p.m.
• The VFW Post 1728 Auxiliary meets the second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
• The VFW Post 1728 round-table meeting at 7 p.m. every fourth Thursday of the month.
• The legionnaires of Medaryville American Legion Post 96 meet at 2 p.m. on the first Sunday of the month.
• The Pulaski County Human Services Inc. Board meets the third Thursday of each month at 10:30 a.m. at 115 W. Pearl St. in Winamac.
• Pulaski County ABATE meets the second Sunday of each month at 5 p.m. at the Winamac Eagles. Call 574-225-2068 for more information.
• The Visually Impaired People, or VIP, group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 1 p.m. at the Von Tobel Community Center, 115 W. Pearl St., Winamac.
• For more information about Alcoholics Anonymous call 574-242-2262 or 574-946-0389 or for more information about Al-Anon call 574-242-1604 or 574-270-0129.
• The Pulaski County Soil and Water Conservation District meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. in the break room of the USDA Service Center.
• Good Samaritan Store, 519 W. Madison St., Winamac, is open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
What’s going on at the PCPL?
• Join other Magic: The Gathering League players every Monday at 4 p.m.
• Genealogy help on Mondays 4-6 p.m. If a person is interested in their family history but are not sure where to start, this is the time and place to find out.
• Toddler Legos on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and is for the youngest library patrons.
• Family Movie Night is every Tuesday at 4 p.m. Movies are appropriate for all ages of youth.
• Lego League every Wednesday at 4 p.m. Kids of all ages can come and exercise their imagination as they build with Legos.
• Do you enjoy board games? If so, we hope to see you at game night! It is held every Thursday at 4 p.m.
• Kids and families are invited to stop by the library for Drop-in Saturdays where they can build with Legos, play board games and make crafts.
• Ask the historian about local history on the second Tuesday of the month from 1-3 p.m.
• The Pulaski County Public Library Teen Activity Board is where teens gather to offer suggestions and help to make PCPL a fun and exciting place for their peers. They also brainstorm ideas for upcoming events and programs. Meetings are held on the second and third Mondays of every month at 4:15 p.m.
• The second Friday of every month the PCPL in Winamac has a book club that meets at 2:30 p.m. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• Third Thursday programs at the West Side Center in Medaryville each month. Children are invited to the program at 5:15 p.m., followed by a program for adults at 7 p.m.
What’s going on at the Kewanna-Union Township Public Library?
• Computer tech time is on the first and last Monday of the month, 10 a.m. to noon.
• Library board meeting on the last Monday of each month at 6 p.m.
• Lego club meets every Tuesday and Friday from 4-5 p.m.
• GED (TASC) study table Thursdays from 2-3 p.m.
• Adult book club at 2 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month.
• Teens-N-Tweens (TNT) meeting Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m.
• Coffee group Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Game On on the first Wednesday of the month from 4-5 p.m.
• Make-it take-it craft on the third Wednesday of the month at 4 p.m.
• Family Story Time last Wednesday of the month at 4 p.m.
• Euchre night every Thursday from 5:30-8 p.m.
• Puzzles R Fun every Thursday from 5-6 p.m.
• Second Saturday Coloring Circle at 1 p.m.
• Game day Saturdays from noon-3 p.m.
• Story time the fourth Saturday of the month beginning at 1 p.m.
• Family bingo meeting the second Wednesday at 4 p.m.