Copyright ©2020 by Pulaski County Press. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at PO Box 19, Winamac, IN 46996.
• Musch online only auction, www.olsonauctions.hibid.com, by Olson Auctions Inc. Inspection day is Sat., July 11, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Central.
Thursday, July 9
• Country Lanes Bowling Alley, Old U.S. 31, Rochester, has open bowling, 3-9 p.m.
• VFW Post 1728 Auxiliary meeting, 7 p.m., 1066 S. U.S. 35, Winamac.
Friday, July 10
Congratulations to the graduating
Winamac Community High School Class of 2020!
• Country Lanes Bowling Alley, Old U.S. 31, Rochester, has open bowling, 3-10 p.m.
Saturday, July 11
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library Second Saturday Coloring Circle at 1 p.m.
• Country Lanes Bowling Alley, Old U.S. 31, Rochester, has open bowling, 3-10 p.m., and rock city every Saturday at 10:30 p.m.
Tuesday, July 14
• Blood drive with Pulaski County Public Library, 1-6 p.m., 121 S. Riverside Dr., Winamac. Sign up online at www.givebloodnow.com using sponsor code PulaskiCPL. Donations from South Bend Medical Foundation blood drives benefit our local residents.
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library Adult Book Club at 2 p.m.
• Winamac American Legion Post 71 monthly meeting, 6 p.m., 110 N. Franklin St.
Wednesday, July 15
• Cub Scout Pack 3230 leaders are hosting an informational meeting, 6:30 p.m., picnic shelter by the playground at the Winamac City Park, open to parents of children of any elementary school-aged child (including incoming kindergarten). For more info, call 574-595-5087.
Thursday, July 16
• Indiana author Dennis Collins will be sharing his book, “Conflict in History Measuring Symmetry, Thermodynamic Modeling and Other Work,” with the public at Kewanna-Union Township Public Library at 5 p.m.
Friday, July 17 and Saturday, July 18
• Winamac Garage Sales Days! Contact the Pulaski County Chamber of Commerce for more information.
Saturday, July 18
• Stage 5 of the Indiana: Back on Track plan begins today. Notable changes include stores, malls, restaurants and bars at full capacity, restrictions lifted at gyms and personal services may be open for full service. Face coverings are still recommended.
• Pickup of items won at the Musch online only auction by Olson Auctions Inc., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Central, 9150 W. 1400 N., Demotte.
• Outdoor summer concert series featuring the band Straight Forward, 7 p.m., Indian Trail Wines, 3 miles east of Royal Center to 350 W., then half a mile north.
Sunday, July 19
• Pickup of items won at the Musch online only auction by Olson Auctions Inc., noon.-4 p.m. Central, 9150 W. 1400 N., Demotte.
Wednesday, July 22
• Free workshop designed to teach fundamental estate planning concepts by Winamac lawyer Tim Murray, 3-5 p.m., 107 E. Main St., Winamac. Reservations are required by calling 574-946-7819. Video/Internet access is available.
Saturday, July 25
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library Saturday Story Time at 1 p.m.
Monday, July 27
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library Board meeting at 6 p.m.
Thursday, July 30
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library Summer Reading Celebration will be at 5 p.m. This is a summer reading “Imagine Your Story” special event.
• VFW Post 1728 is now open and serving lunch.
• Sign up for Summer Learning Grab & Go at the Pulaski County Public Library through August 3. Packs are yours to keep and are tailored to the age of the child. Resident patrons may pick up their pack at the
library with our curbside delivery service. Use the form at www.pulaskicounty.lib.in.us or call 574-946-3432 to place your request.
• Pulaski County Human Services VonTobel and West Side Centers are closed. Senior nutrition participants will be provided with alternative meals during this time. The offices will remain open and render whatever services they can by appointment. Call 574-946-6500 to make arrangements.
• The Pulaski County Public Library, Winamac, building is closed to the public but curbside delivery is available. Call 574-946-3432 for more information.
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library has new lobby hours. Computer access and print services are available. New hours are Tuesday 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Thursday 10 a.m.-8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free Wi-Fi is available 24/7.
• The VFW Post 1728 meets the second Thursday of the month at 6 p.m.
• The VFW Post 1728 Auxiliary meets the second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
• The VFW Post 1728 round-table meeting at 6 p.m. every fourth Thursday of the month.
• Find out if your child qualifies for the high-quality pre-K program On My Way Pre-K at Marsha’s Family Child Care by calling 1-800-299-1627 or visiting www.onmywayprek.org.
• Quilts of Valor for Pulaski County is underway. Donations are currently being accepted. Contact Michelle Schmicker at 574-595-0629 for more information.
• Register your child to receive one free book a month from birth to their fifth birthday from Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library by signing up online at www.imaginationlibrary.com. Call the Pulaski County Public Library at 574-946-3432 with any questions.
• Retire your flag with honor by bringing it to Harrison-Metzger & Rans Funeral Home, chapels in Royal Center, Kewanna and Logansport. Your flag will honor a veteran by being draped across them at the time of cremation.
• If you have the next grand or humble business idea but don’t know where to start, the Pulaski County Community Development Commission’s revolving loan fund may be able to help you. Contact executive director Nathan P. Origer at 574-946-3869 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• The Winamac Volunteer Fire Department is looking for volunteers to serve on the fire department. Applications can be picked up at the Winamac Town Hall, Clerk-Treasurer’s Office, 120 W. Main St., Winamac.
• Monterey Town Council meetings will be held the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at 7033 N. Walnut St., Monterey.
• For more information about Alcoholics Anonymous call 574-242-2262 or 574-946-0389 or for more information about Al-Anon call 574-242-1604 or 574-270-0129.
• If you have served active duty in the United States Armed Forces since Dec. 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving, you are eligible for membership in the American Legion. If interested, call 574-242-0836.
• The Pulaski County Drug Free Council meets the second Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. at Bethel Bible Church, 6968 W. SR 14, Winamac. The public is encouraged to attend. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/pulaskidrugfree.
• The Cancer Support Group of Winamac meets the second Saturday of every month at the Isis Theatre in Winamac. Doors open at 9:30 a.m., meeting begins at 10 a.m. The group is free and open to anyone that has been affected by any cancer: current fighter, survivor, caregiver, family, friend. For more information, visit our Facebook page, email email@example.com or call or text 574-946-6966.
• REACT is looking for new volunteers. Meetings are held the first Monday of the month at the Pulaski Memorial Hospital boardroom at 7 p.m. For more information call Blake Newman at 574-242-0091 or Les Barton at 574-946-7539.
• The Friends of Tippecanoe River State Park group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the state park.
• North Central Indiana Quail Forever meets the first Tuesday of each month at Poblanos in Winamac from 7-8 p.m.
• The Pulaski County Soil and Water Conservation District meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. in the break room of the USDA Service Center.