• Camp Discovery VBS at St. Luke Lutheran Church, Winamac, 9 a.m.-noon daily, open to children age 3 through completion of fifth grade.
Wednesday, July 29
• TOMS Tote Bag decorating, 5 p.m., at the Pulaski County Public Library Winamac branch. All supplies will be provided but space is limited. Call the library at 574-946-3432 to register.
• Music day at Pulaski County Human Services West Side Center, 125 S. Railroad St., Medaryville. Transportation is available. Call 219-843-5600 to make arrangements.
• Get some exercise at Pulaski County Human Services Von Tobel Community Center, 115 W. Pearl St., Winamac. Transportation is available. Call 574-946-6500 to make arrangements.
Thursday, July 30
• Ice cream social, noon, Pulaski County Human Services Von Tobel Community Center, 115 W. Pearl St., Winamac. Transportation is available. Call 574-946-6500 to make arrangements.
• Pulaski Memorial Hospital immunization clinic for school-aged children, 1-6 p.m., 540 Hospital Dr., Winamac.
• Make n’ take superhero magnet, 4-6 p.m., at the Pulaski County Public Library Winamac branch.
• Pulaski County Human Services West Side Center, 125 S. Railroad St., Medaryville, hosts movie day. Transportation is available. Call 219-843-5600 to make arrangements.
Friday, July 31
• Enjoy puzzles at Pulaski County Human Services West Side Center, 125 S. Railroad St., Medaryville. Transportation is available. Call 219-843-5600 to make arrangements.
• Stop in for a game of euchre today at Pulaski County Human Services Von Tobel Community Center, 115 W. Pearl St., Winamac. Transportation is available. Call 574-946-6500 to make arrangements.
Saturday, Aug. 1
• Down and back ride, Winamac Train Depot, with registration at 6:30 a.m. and mass start at 7 a.m. For more information, visit www.panhandlepathway.org.
• Annual Tippecanoe Steam & Gas Power Show, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Tippecanoe County Amphitheater, West Lafayette.
• Pulaski County Pack-a-Backpack Inc. donation drop-off, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., NAPA in Winamac. All school items are accepted.
• Pulaski Memorial Hospital immunization clinic for school-aged children, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., 540 Hospital Dr., Winamac.
• Fundraiser for the family of Natasha Juniper, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Lightstream parking lot, U.S. 35, Star City.
• Music at the Gazebo featuring Running Kind, 7-9 p.m., Indian Trail Wines, Royal Center.
• Grand opening of Sallie’s by the Shore, featuring The Jhonny and Sallie Show at 7:30 p.m., East S.R. 14, Rochester.
Sunday, Aug. 2
• Public auction, 11 a.m., Rogers Auction House, Royal Center.
• Bowling pin shoot, 1 p.m., Byers GunShop, Royal Center.
Monday, Aug. 3
• Lyme Awareness Day, 6-9 p.m., Nazarene Church, 516 E. 13th St., Winamac. Learn about Lyme Disease and explore diagnostic and treatment options with several practitioners.
Wednesday, Aug. 5
• Pulaski Memorial Hospital immunization clinic for school-aged children, 3-7 p.m., 540 Hospital Dr., Winamac.
Thursday, Aug. 6
• Pulaski Memorial Hospital’s OB department offers breast-feeding classes for mothers. A board-certified lactation consultant and a lactation counselor are on staff to teach the classes that are available for moms after the baby is born and when they arrive home. Classes are 7-9 p.m. There is a fee for the classes. For more information call the hospital at 574-946-2113.
• The Spirit of Pulaski County festival, Winamac Train Depot parking lot, begins at 7:30 a.m. and features numerous activities throughout the day, ending at midnight.
Saturday, Aug. 8
• Winamac Nazarene’s Outback Rock vacation Bible school, open to children age 3 though sixth grade. To register, visit www.winnaz.org or call 574-946-3775. Register from 8:30-9 a.m., awesome day from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free Indiana Beach tickets.
Sunday, Aug. 9
• Winamac Nazarene’s Outback Rock vacation Bible school program and lunch, 10:30 a.m. at the church.
Wednesday, Aug. 12
• Welcome back, Warriors! Today is the first day of school for students at Eastern Pulaski Community School Corporation.
Thursday, Aug. 13
• Rise and shine, Trojans! Today is the first day of school for students at West Central School Corporation.
Friday, Aug. 14
• Fundraiser for the Fuel Program, a partnership between EPES and the Winamac Nazarene Church, which helps feed hungry children in our community, 4-7 p.m., Winamac Corner Delli.
Saturday, Aug. 15
• Pulaski Memorial Hospital is offering a Sibling Preparation Class, 9-10:30 a.m., that prepares brothers and sisters between the ages of 3 and 10 in the arrival of their new sibling. An adult must accompany the child. There is no fee for families who are delivering at PMH. To register, call 574-946-2113.
• Star City United Methodist Food Pantry is open, 10-11 a.m., every third Saturday of the month for those who live in Pulaski County. Proper ID is required.
• Monterey Town Council meetings will be held the second Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. at 7033 N. Walnut St., Monterey.
• North Central Indiana Quail Forever meets the first Tuesday of each month at Poblanos in Winamac from 7-8 p.m.
• Pulaski County Retired Teachers meet for breakfast the first Thursday of each month at Kosta’s in Winamac at 8 a.m.
• Through October of 2015, contact Pulaski Animal Center at 574-946-0265 to receive a $50 certificate good at Davis Veterinary Service for spay, neuter or microchip service as part of “Operation FIX.” Only ten certificates will be released per month. Limit two per household.
• Hickory Creek at Winamac is collecting pop tabs to support Shriners Hospitals for Children. Call 574-946-6143 to see how you or your organization can get involved.
• The Knights of Columbus, located on CR 50 N., Winamac, holds bingo every Sunday evening. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and games start at 6:30. Progressive colossal cash board played every night.
• Pulaski Memorial Hospital’s OB department offers a free breast-feeding drop-in clinic for all mothers every Wednesday. This clinic is an opportunity to get questions answered by a certified lactation consultant or a lactation counselor. The clinic is available, 3:30-6:30 p.m., in the PMH lobby classroom. No appointment is necessary.
• Veterans, servicemen, National Guard or reserve personnel are eligible to join the American Legion Post 71. For information, call 574-946-4443.
• Purdue Extension Pulaski County is offering a variety of classes, including how to learn more with a tablet or iPad, getting started with computers, basic or intermediate Excel, basic or intermediate Word, Publisher, QuickBooks and Spanish. Certificates awarded upon completion. Call 574-946-3412 to register or for more information.
• The Pulaski County Health Department is conducting free lead screenings/hemoglobin testing for those students needing it to get into Head Start or anyone else needing to be tested. Please call 574-946-6080 for an appointment or for more information.
• If you have the next grand or humble business idea but don’t know where to start, the Pulaski County Community Development Commission’s revolving loan fund may be able to help you. Contact executive director Nathan P. Origer at 574-946-3869 or at email@example.com for more information.
• The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office is offering a free 911 education program to schools, preschools, churches and other groups to help people of all ages learn when to call 911, what to do when the operator answers, what questions the operator will ask and what people can do to make 911 calls more effective for them. Call the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office at 574-946-6655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule or for more information.
• Pulaski County REACT meets the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the board room at Pulaski Memorial Hospital.
• The Life Savior Club for students in grades kindergarten through 6 meets every Thursday evening from 6-7:30 p.m. at Calvary Baptist Church, 830 N. Market St., Winamac.
• Fellowship Baptist Church, Winamac, invites women of the community to join in their Bible study series “Listen and Learn,” Wednesdays from 6:30-8 p.m. at the church.
• Bethel Bible Church, Winamac, holds a weekly Family Night, featuring dinner, learning and fellowship, 5:30 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church.
• Seniors looking for something fun to do? Pulaski County Human Services Inc. has bunco the first Tuesday of each month; bingo the second Thursday; and grocery bingo the last Wednesday. Activities are always from noon-1 p.m. Call 574-946-6500 for more info.
• The Sons of American Legion Post 96 in Medaryville meet the first Sunday of every month at 1 p.m.
• The VFW Men’s Auxiliary meets the first Wednesday of every month.
• VFW Post 1728 and Women’s Auxiliary meet the second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
• VFW Post 1728 round-table meeting at 7 p.m. every fourth Thursday of the month.
• The legionnaires of Medaryville American Legion Post 96 meet at 2 p.m. on the first Sunday of the month.
• The Pulaski County Human Services Inc. Board meets the third Thursday of each month at 10:30 a.m. at 115 W. Pearl St. in Winamac.
• Pulaski County ABATE meets the second Sunday of each month at 5 p.m. at the Winamac Eagles. Call 574-225-2068 for more information.
• The Visually Impaired People, or VIP, group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 1 p.m. at the Von Tobel Community Center, 115 W. Pearl St., Winamac.
• For more information about Alcoholics Anonymous call 574-242-2262 or 574-946-0389 or for more information about Al-Anon call 574-242-1604 or 574-270-0129.
• The Pulaski County Soil and Water Conservation District meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. in the break rottom of the USDA Service Center.
• The Pulaski Memorial Hospital Auxiliary meets the third Monday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the hospital cafeteria, except the months of July and December.
• The Good Samaritan Store, 519 W. Madison St., Winamac, is open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
What’s going on at the PCPL branches?
• As part of the Summer Reading Program, the Pulaski County Public Library Winamac branch has Superhero Training Camp (fun, free activities for kids) Mondays at 5:30 p.m. and Thursdays at 10 a.m. and Fridays at 2 p.m. at Medaryville.
• Mega Blok League at Medaryville is held on Fridays at 4 p.m., just after superhero training.
• Toddler Legos for ages 2-7 is held every Tuesday at 10 a.m.
• Learn how to download eBooks, audiobooks, magazines or music to a Nook, Kindle, iPad or other device. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• Lego League on Mondays at 4 p.m. Kids of all ages can come and exercise their imagination, using the weekly topic as the launching point for their Lego creation.
• The Pulaski County Public Library is now circulating Nooks. Visit the Winamac branch today to check out an eReader.
• If looking for a particular book and the library does not have it, ask about the interlibrary loan service. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• Do you love music? Download five free music downloads weekly from the library website, www.pulaskicounty.lib.in.us, through Freegal, that provides access to more than 10,000 music labels from 65 different countries and includes more than 3 million songs from Sony Music’s catalog of legendary artists.
• Family Movie Night is every Tuesday at 4 p.m. Movies are appropriate for all ages of youth.
• Game on! The Pulaski County Public Library is excited to offer a Wii and xbox w/Kinect for patrons to use here at the library. Three gaming opportunities will be offered for kids ages 10 and older throughout the week. Children must have a completed permission form on file. For more information, please call the library at 574-946-3432.
• Join kids, youth and parents from the area as they play an exciting card game based on Pokémon! The league meets each Wednesday at 4 p.m. No experience is necessary, but come prepared to have a good time.
• Do you enjoy board games such as Monopoly, Checkers, or Candy Land? If so, we hope to see you at game night! It is held every Thursday at 4 p.m.
• The Pulaski County Public Library Teen Activity Board is where teens gather to offer suggestions and help to make PCPL a fun and exciting places for their peers. They also brainstorm ideas for upcoming events and programs. Meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month at 4 p.m.
• Don’t miss toddler time every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Thursday evening at the Pulaski County Public Library in Winamac.
• Every Saturday the PCPL in Winamac offers a story hour from 2-3 p.m. For more information call 574-946-3432.
• Genealogy help on Mondays 4-6 p.m. If a person is interested in their family history but are not sure where to start, this is the time and place to find out. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• The third Monday of every month the PCPL in Medaryville has a book club that meets at 2 p.m. For more information call the library at 219-843-3021.
• The second Friday of every month the PCPL in Winamac has a book club that meets at 2:30 p.m. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• The Pulaski County Public Library has tutor rooms available for small group meetings, tutoring or quiet studying. These rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
|HOME||NEWS ARCHIVE||EVENT CALENDAR||CLASSIFIEDS||PUBLIC NOTICES||SUBSCRIBE|
|ABOUT US||OBITUARIES||SOCIAL NEWS FORMS||PHOTO ALBUMS||NEWSSTANDS||The INDEPENDENT|
|PAY INVOICE, CLASSIFIED or SOCIAL|