Wednesday, Oct. 29
• Enjoy movie day at noon at the Pulaski County Human Services Von Tobel Community Center at 115 W. Pearl St. in Winamac. Transportation is available. Call 574-946-6500 to make arrangements.
• Don’t miss pumpkin painting at the Pulaski County Human Services West Side Community Center at 125 S. Railroad St. in Medaryville. Transportation is available. Call 219-843-5600 to make arrangements.
Thursday, Oct. 30
• Play a game of Monopoly, noon, at the Pulaski County Human Services Von Tobel Community Center at 115 W. Pearl St. in Winamac. Transportation is available. Call 574-946-6500 to make arrangements.
• Learn nutrition education with NWICA at the Pulaski County Human Services West Side Community Center at 125 S. Railroad St. in Medaryville. Transportation is available. Call 219-843-5600 to make arrangements.
Friday, Oct. 31
• The Uniform House Inc. Scrubmobile will be at Pulaski Memorial Hospital, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Don’t miss spooky stories and a costume contest, noon, at the Pulaski County Human Services Von Tobel Community Center at 115 W. Pearl St. in Winamac. Transportation is available. Call 574-946-6500 to make arrangements.
• Have fun at the Halloween party, noon, at the Pulaski County Human Services West Side Community Center at 125 S. Railroad St. in Medaryville. Transportation is available. Call 219-843-5600 to make arrangements.
• Local trick-or-treat hours are: Medaryville 5-7 p.m., Monterey 5:30-7 p.m., Francesville 5-7 p.m., Winamac 5-7 p.m.
• The public is invited to trick or treat at Pulaski Health Care Center, 5:30-7 p.m., 624 E. 13th St., Winamac.
• Broken Arrow Campground’s Wicked Woods, 7:30-10:30 p.m., 3045 N. U.S. 35, Winamac.
Saturday, Nov. 1
• Kelly Construction auction, 10 a.m., at 443 S. 125 E., Reynolds, by Olson Auctions Inc.
• This & That Fall Bazaar, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., in the basement at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Denham. Lunch will also be available.
• Medaryville United Methodist Church chicken and noodle salad bar supper, 5-7 p.m. at the church.
Monday, Nov. 3
• Fall cemetery cleanup for McKinley Memorial Gardens. Please have all items you wish to save removed before this date.Thursday, Nov. 6
• Pulaski Memorial Hospital’s OB department offers breast-feeding classes for mothers. A board-certified lactation consultant and a lactation counselor are on staff to teach the classes that are available for moms after the baby is born and when they arrive home. Classes are 7-9 p.m. There is a fee for the classes. For more information call the hospital at 574-946-2113.
• Pulaski County Retired Teachers will meet, 8 a.m., at Kosta’s for their “first Thursday of the month breakfast.”
Tuesday, Nov. 4
• It’s Election Day! Be sure to exercise your right to vote for your elected officials.
Friday, Nov. 7
• Fish fry at the Winamac VFW Post 1728, 4-7:30 p.m.
• The Winamac Community High School Drama Department proudly presents, “Rebel Without a Cause,” 7 p.m., in the socialatorium. Alternate date in case of football sectional is Nov. 10.
Saturday, Nov. 8
• Make and Take Craft Workshop, hosted by the Pulaski County Extension Homemakers, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Knights of Columbus, Winamac.
• The Winamac Community High School Drama Department proudly presents, “Rebel Without a Cause,” 7 p.m., in the socialatorium.
Sunday, Nov. 9
• VFW Post 1728 in Winamac invites all post members, ladies’ auxiliary members and men’s auxiliary members to their Veterans Day Dinner. The post opens at 2 p.m. Social hour will start at 5 p.m. with dinner at 6.
• The Winamac Community High School Drama Department proudly presents, “Rebel Without a Cause,” 2 p.m., in the socialatorium.
Wednesday., Nov. 12
• Q & A session with Kim Eldridge of MDwise, 9 a.m.-noon, Pulaski Memorial Hospital Front Lobby.
Saturday, Nov. 15
• West Central Elementary PTC Fall/Winter Bazaar, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., at West Central Elementary School, Francesville.
Monday, Nov. 17
• Land auction of more than 37 acres in Wheatfield by Schrader Real Estate and Auction Company Inc, 6 p.m. CST, American Logion Post 406, Wheatfield.
Thursday, Nov. 27
Tuesday., Dec. 2
• Miller Land Auction, 147+/- acres offered in six tracts, 6 p.m., Kewanna Fire Station, by Olson Auctions Inc.
• Now through November 1, BSA Troop 229 will be selling Christmas wreaths. Order one from any Troop 229 Scout of online at www.bsa229.net.
• Continuing through Nov. 4, the Winamac Kiwanis Club will be selling holiday fruit and nuts. See any Winamac Kiwanian or call 574-242-9665 to order.
• Members of Winamac Community High School’s Class of 2014 who purchased a 2013-2014 Totem yearbook may pick them up in the high school office.
• In observance of Breast Cancer Awareness month, Pulaski Memorial Hospital will offer greatly discounted mammograms for the entire month of October. Call 574-946-2193 for information.
• Fellowship Baptist Church, Winamac, invites women of the community to join in their Bible study series “Listen and Learn,” Wednesdays from 6:30-8 p.m. at the church.
• Bethel Bible Church, Winamac, holds a weekly Family Night, featuring dinner, learning and fellowship, 5:30 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church.
• Hickory Creek at Winamac is collecting pop tabs to support Shriners Hospitals for Children. Call 574-946-6143 to see how you or your organization can get involved.
• The Knights of Columbus, located on CR 50 N., Winamac, holds bingo every Sunday evening. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and games start at 6:30. Progressive colossal cash board played every night.
• Pulaski Memorial Hospital’s OB department offers a free breast-feeding drop-in clinic for all mothers every Wednesday. This clinic is an opportunity to get questions answered by a certified lactation consultant or a lactation counselor. The clinic is available, 3:30-6:30 p.m., in the PMH lobby classroom. No appointment is necessary.
• Veterans, servicemen, National Guard or reserve personnel are eligible to join the American Legion Post 71. For information, call 574-946-4443.
• Purdue Extension Pulaski County is offering a variety of classes, including how to learn more with your tablet or iPad, getting started with computers, basic or intermediate Excel, basic or intermediate Word, Publisher, QuickBooks and Spanish. Certificates awarded upon completion. Call 574-946-3412 to register or for more information.
• If you have the next grand or humble business idea but don’t know where to start, the Pulaski County Community Development Commission’s revolving loan fund may be able to help you. Contact executive director Nathan P. Origer at 574-946-3869 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office is offering a free 911 education program to schools, preschools, churches and other groups to help people of all ages learn when to call 911, what to do when the operator answers, what questions the operator will ask and what people can do to make 911 calls more effective for them. Call the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office at 574-946-6655 or email email@example.com to schedule or for more information.
• The Pulaski County Health Department is conducting free lead screenings/hemoglobin testing for those students needing it to get into Head Start or anyone else needing to be tested. Please call 574-946-6080 for an appointment or for more information.
• Pulaski County REACT meets the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the board room at Pulaski Memorial Hospital.
• The Life Savior Club for students in grades kindergarten through 6 meets every Thursday evening from 6-7:30 p.m. at Calvary Baptist Church, 830 N. Market St., Winamac.
• Seniors looking for something fun to do? Pulaski County Human Services Inc. has bunco the first Tuesday of
each month; bingo the second Thursday; and grocery bingo the last Wednesday. Activities are always from noon-1 p.m. Call 574-946-6500 for more info.
• Live on the west side and want to get more active? American Legion Post 96 in Medaryville has aerobics every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10-11 a.m., every Monday and Wednesday evening from 5:30-6:30 p.m. and Saturday from 9-10 a.m.
• The Sons of American Legion Post 96 in Medaryville meet the first Monday of every month at 7 p.m.
• The VFW Men’s Auxiliary meets the first Wednesday of every month.
• VFW Post 1728 and women’s auxiliary meet the second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
• VFW Post 1728 round-table meeting at 7 p.m. every fourth Thursday of the month.
• The legionnaires of Medaryville American Legion Post 96 meet at 7:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of the month.
• The Pulaski County Human Services Inc. Board meets the third Thursday of each month at 10:30 a.m. at 115 W. Pearl St. in Winamac.
• Pulaski County ABATE meets the second Sunday of each month at 5 p.m. at the Winamac Eagles. Call 574-225-2068 for more information.
• The Visually Impaired People, or VIP, group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 1 p.m. at the Von Tobel Community Center, 115 W. Pearl St., Winamac.
• Alcoholics Anonymous Support Group meets every Monday (c) and Friday (o) from 7:30-8:30 p.m. and Wednesday (o) and Friday (c) from 9 until 10 a.m. at the First United Methodist Church, located at the corner of U.S. 35 and Spring Streets in Winamac. For more info, call 574-946-4096 or 574-946-4920.
• The Pulaski County Soil and Water Conservation District meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. in the break room of the USDA Service Center.
• The Pulaski Memorial Hospital Auxiliary meets the third Monday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the hospital cafeteria, except the months of July and December.
What’s going on at the PCPL branches?
• After school programs for children of all ages at the Medaryville branch at 4 p.m. Fore more information call the library at 219-843-3021.
• Toddler Legos for ages 2-7 is held every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
• Learn how to download eBooks, audiobooks, magazines or music to a Nook, Kindle, iPad or other device. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• Lego League on Mondays at 4 p.m. Kids of all ages can come and exercise their imagination, using the weekly topic as the launching point for their Lego creation.
• The Pulaski County Public Library is now circulating Nooks. Visit the Winamac branch today to check out an eReader.
• If looking for a particular book and the library does not have it, ask about the interlibrary loan service. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• Do you love music? Download three free music downloads weekly from the library website, www.pulaskicounty.lib.in.us, through Freegal, that provides access to more than 10,000 music labels from 65 different countries and includes more than 3 million songs from Sony Music’s catalog of legendary artists.
• Family Movie Night is every Tuesday at 4 p.m. Movies are appropriate for all ages of youth.
• Game on! The Pulaski County Public Library is excited to offer a Wii and xbox w/Kinect for patrons to use here at the library. Three gaming opportunities will be offered for kids ages 10 and older throughout the week. Children must have a completed permission form on file. For more information, please call the library at 574-946-3432.
• Join kids, youth and parents from the area as they play an exciting card game based on Pokémon! The league meets each Wednesday at 4 p.m. No experience is necessary, but come prepared to have a good time.
• Do you enjoy board games such as Monopoly, Checkers, or Candy Land? If so, we hope to see you at game night! It is held every Thursday at 4 p.m.
• The Pulaski County Public Library Teen Activity Board is where teens gather to offer suggestions and help to make PCPL a fun and exciting places for their peers. They also brainstorm ideas for upcoming events and programs. Meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month at 4 p.m.
• Don’t miss toddler time every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Thursday evening at the Pulaski County Public Library in Winamac.
• Every Saturday the PCPL in Winamac offers a story hour from 2-3 p.m. For more information call 574-946-3432.
• Genealogy help on Mondays 4-6 p.m. If a person is interested in their family history but are not sure where to start, this is the time and place to find out. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• The third Monday of every month the PCPL in Medaryville has a book club that meets at 2 p.m. For more information call the library at 219-843-3021.
• The second Friday of every month the PCPL in Winamac has a book club that meets at 2:30 p.m. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• The Pulaski County Public Library has tutor rooms available for small group meetings, tutoring or quiet studying. These rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
|HOME||NEWS ARCHIVE||EVENT CALENDAR||CLASSIFIEDS||PUBLIC NOTICES||SUBSCRIBE|
|ABOUT US||OBITUARIES||SOCIAL NEWS FORMS||PHOTO ALBUMS||NEWSSTANDS||The INDEPENDENT|
|ORDER INVITATIONS||PAY INVOICE, CLASSIFIED or SOCIAL|